H

H

HOME

сряда, 27 ноември 2013 г.

"I'm like Willy Wonka" and other mad things Kanye West said today



Normally a shy and retiring little lamb, Kanye West has been promoting his Yeezus tour while likening himself to Steve Jobs, Disney and Michelangelo. Today we can add Willy Wonka to that list. Obviously.
Of course he's already been casually comparing himself to all the greats. Standard:

"Imma be running a content, experience and product company. I'm gon' be what y'all would consider or classify as the new Disney. The new Steve Jobs. The new Howard Hughes. The new David Stern. The new Michelangelo."

But thankfully, during today's interview, he decided to set his sights a little higher:
"I want to be as unrealistic as possible. The worst thing about me comparing myself to Steve Jobs in that it's too realistic of an idea. What I need to say is I'm more like Willy Wonka."

Oh, cool. Sure. Being like Willy Wonka - according to today's interview with 92.3 NOW radio - apparently includes walking into designer stores and terrifying the staff into letting him meet with their manager:

“While I was in Paris I wanted to meet the head of Louis Vuitton and he said, 'I don't understand why we need to meet with you?' I said let me explain to you why you need to meet with me. Everybody in New York City right now, don't buy any Louis Vuitton until after January. Now do you wanna meet with me? Influence. They think that I don't realise my power, they want to marginalise me."

The Kanye Quote List just got longer - here's hoping it prospers ever more as he continues his flurry of (mega entertaining) interviews.

Bets are on as to who he'll compare himself to next. We're opting for The Queen, Marge Simpson and maybe all the Hindu gods. Because one god isn't enough, quite frankly.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар