H

H

HOME

сряда, 11 декември 2013 г.

Victoria Beckham announces she's done with the Spice Girls for good


Victoria Beckham has crushed our dreams of a Spice Girls re-reunion, telling Paris Vogue that her time as Posh Spice is ‘finished for good’. Sniff.

The fashion designer and former pointer extraordinaire told the magazine she no longer cares to pretend to sing for the pleasure of millions of nostalgic fans and that she wished during their performance at Madison Square Gardens that she was ‘elsewhere’. If we were married to David Beckham we’d want to be ‘elsewhere’ most of the time too…

"I realised it was finished for good in 2008, when we reformed for our reunion tour [at Madison Square Gardens]," she said. "It should have been the best moment of my life, but I just wanted to be elsewhere."
"It wasn't a lack of respect for the girls or the audience, but the passion just wasn't there. By contrast, in my new career, the passion grows every year. I still want more," Victoria added.


Victoria is full of revelations in the interview, confiding that her trademark could-I-be-any-less-impressed camera face is actually an old trick from her days as Posh Spice.

"I looked moody. But I wasn't! I was shy, not very sure of myself," she told them. "I had to invent a character and I thought of that: staring at people and pouting. My insecurities helped me create the character in a way. Nowadays, it's like a barrier that comes back whenever I go out in public. That's the way fame has affected me.”

But despite her fame and success, she’s keen to remind us (again) that she’s just like us. She even buys groceries herself! She goes to Waitrose and everything!

"It's always me who goes to Waitrose to do the weekly shop, Harper balancing on one hip, Brooklyn hanging onto the trolley. I go down the aisles telling the kids, 'No, you can't have that!', just like any other mother. People look at me in awe like I'm from the circus, but it doesn't bother me."

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар